Friday, January 30, 2009

Paul E. Jarrett Jr., an ex-abortionist tells his story.

From This link.


Paul E. Jarrett, Jr., As a young doctor in the early 1970s, Paul E. Jarrett, Jr. did a number of legal abortions. He had some doubts, though, after the late abortion of a mental patient's child.


Weighing two pounds, the child was born alive.
The mother screamed, "My baby's alive! My baby's alive!"

Dr. Jarrett later said, "I often wondered what we did for her mental status. That baby lived several days.
"

But it was a 1974 operation that "changed my mind about abortion forever.
"

While doing a suction abortion, Jarrett found that a torn-off fetal leg obstructed the suction curette. So he changed techniques and dismembered the child with a ring forceps, "And as I brought out the rib cage, I looked and I saw a tiny, beating heart. And when I found the head of the baby, I looked squarely in the face of another human being--a human being that I'd just killed. I turned to the scrub nurse and said, "I'm sorry." But I just knew that I couldn't be a part of abortion anymore.
"

After 23 abortions he stopped when faced with the reality of the humanity of a baby he aborted at 14 weeks gestation. He became a Christian in 1978 and has been active in the pro-life cause since the early 1980's. He gave up his Indianapolis private practice in 2000 and is serving as a medical missionary in Kenya for six months each year.




Human Life Review: Ex-Abortion Workers, why they quit, by Mary Meehan
Right to Life of Indianapolis

No comments: